Search This Blog

Welcome

I'm pleased to welcome you to my blog on the Washington Fire Department, which I started last year after starts and stops over the years. I've never been a firefighter, but my father and other relatives have been firefighters for years. Some of the posts in here were extracted from The News-Reporter and some I wrote from my own memories of fires in my lifetime

William T. Johnson

Friday, December 4, 2009

Edwards, 2009


Firefighters from Rayle's Engine 7 and Tanker 7, plus Washington's Engine 5 and Tanker 5, saved the Rayle home of Mary Edwards (far right) Saturday evening. Rayle Fire Chief Brent Sherrer said that the fire apparently started in the electrical service box on the far left side of the home, gutted the garage, but was put out before spreading through the house. There was smoke damage throughout, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment